Depression is one of the most common health conditions that affects 1 out of every 10 persons each year. In fact, within our Reboot community, depression and other mental health issues rank second behind overweight and obesity as the reason for joining the community or being interested in juicing.
Depression is a recurring feeling of emptiness and loss that can become serious over time. It brings feeling of sleeplessness, anxiety and even suicidal thoughts that do not dissipate.
Depression is the mind’s negative response to a seemingly, overwhelming amount of daily responsibilities. In societies, the stress people feel is also increasing and it affects the body chemically, emotionally and psychologically.
What can yo do to get over depression?
1) The laughter therapy : Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress and depression. Nothing works more faster in bringing your mind and body into a good balance than laughter. It lightens your burden, inspires hope and make you feel relaxed. When in depression, watch as many as laughter shows on TV and watch videos on web. Try to do everything with a smiling face, Trust me it will make you more confident, comfortable and fun.
2) Champi : Champhi is an old Indian word from which shampoo has been derived. It is a process of head massage. Massaging the scalp and hair with warm oil, preferably infused with hair-friendly herbs. Not only does the massage work wonders for your hair, but it also relaxes the mind and nervous system. It helps enhance blood circulation in the head and neck area. When the scalp is “tight” from stress, circulation and calmness are impeded. The hair and scalp massage can help promote sound sleep at night.
3) Practice Breathing : Breathing correctly is not only important for living longer but also to have a good mood and keep performing at your best. Oxygenation of the brain reducing excessive anxiety levels. Paying attention to your breathing. Breathe slowly, deeply and purposefully into your body at least 10 times a day. This will release all toxins.
4) Physical Exercise: Studies show that exercise can help improve mood temporarily in depressed individuals. In fact, for people with mild or moderate depression, 30 minutes of intense exercise can be as effective as medication for improving mood. People who do not respond to medication may show improvement in mood when they exercise.
5) Do things which you love : Life is busy but when everybody as something which brings happiness to them. It can be music, art or reading book, movies, pets, anything. Doing and spending time in the things which you love gives you relaxation and positivity. Life becomes good with these activities.
6) Dandle your eyebrows and forehead : Stroke your fingers through your hair from top of the forehead and back. Make small circles along the fore head with a little of your favourite essential oil. After this press your eyebrows along the length, closing your eyes for sometime. This will give relief from tension and eyestrain. There will be a reduction of depression and anxiety.
Foods to fight depression :
1) Omega 3 acids : Feed your brain omega 3 acids. These are critical for brain structure and functioning. Omega 3 acids
are mainly found in fish, wild game, nuts, eggs, seeds and leafy veggies.
2) Chocolate : Chocolate is the most favourite ting when we talk about stressful life. Chocolate when eaten releases
serotonin which in turn relaxes the blood vessels and the cardiovascular system.
3) Turmeric : It is an ancient Indian spice which is used since ages in ayurvedic medicines. Adding turmeric to almost all the
recipes gives a wide variety of health benefits. It is a natural antibiotic and anti inflammatory spice.
4) Green tea : Green tea is an incredibly rich source of antioxidants. It has a great depression fighting properties as it has
theanine in it. Theanine provides anti stress and relaxation benefits.
5) Whole grain food : Whole grain food contains folic acids and loads of vitamins.They help lower cholesterol and they have
excellent brain booting nutrients.
6) Low fat dairy : Skimmed milk, yoghurt and other dairy products are rich in calcium, vitamin d and proteins. These
excellent source of nutrients when taken in adequate amount are great not only for the body but also for your brain.
Stay healthy… Do not fear….Fight back!